Skip to main content

I just have my personal website published!

Building a personal website is something I really wanted to do a long while ago. It can help me reflect on what I am lack and also advertise the research projects I have done and that I am currently working on. It was the right time to stay at home and work on my personal website during the pandemic while conducting experiments was not possible. I personally do not like drag and drop type of website builder, so I decided to use Github pages and Jekyll to host my personal website on Github. It is a good practice for git and coding with HTML/CSS/JavaScript. I also hope to use this blogger to share some of my random thoughts about physics, life, and anything about the universe.

Link to my personal website: https://mingweii.github.io

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Academia Exit - From a Physicist to an RF Engineer

After seeing Ashley Ruba's twitter post about salaries in the academia vs industry, I would like to share my experience of switching career after 4 years of postdocs. When I was young, I used to dream about being a scientist like the professors I met in the class and famous physicists I knew on the books. I was fortunate enough that I was able to get into Duke Physics, where I started my dream and had been a physicist for about 9 years until last September, when I switched to work in the industry at an age of 34. Many facets of the academia convinced me to switch my career. My PhD life at Duke (~ 5 years) My research experience at Duke University was actually a great journey that I really enjoyed doing research and learned the experimentalists' mindset from my advisor Prof. Finkelstein. To be honest, my learning curve of being a low temperature physicist is actually quite long. With my undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, I had minimal knowledge in physics prior to

An interesting discussion on the journal club of CMP: about the discovery of chiral Majorana zero modes in QAHI by K. Wang and S.C. Zhang

After the publication of this paper , about the signature of chiral Majorana zero modes in the quantum anomalous Hall insulator, Prof. Jason Alicea wrote a commentary on  Journal Club for Condensed Matter Physics . However, Prof. Beenakker wrote another commentary to oppose this experiment, in which he cited two theoretical articles showing that the e 2 /2h does not need the presence of chiral Majorana modes. This argument is actually just recently confirmed by  a recent experiment . It is always fun to read the discussions between physicists. Science evolves through them.